Wednesday 14 August 2013

Assignement 1: Design Research Portfolio - Logo Design

The logo  I will create is for a friend who is starting a make up line called 'LAMRO' This make up name came from her British and Nigerian name 'Ro'semary O'lam'ide. With a bit of word play we came up with the name 'LAMRO' representing her bringing her two backgrounds together bringing diversity to her brand.

Before designing logo ideas, I did some secondary research looking at make up logo brands:

Below are my sketched ideas I intend to use for my logo design:
 

Looking at the well know make up brands I noticed that they all tended to look rather simple and mainly come across as non italic and rarely bold in a sans serif or serif format. I decided to stick to this convention when creating my logo. 
 
 

I scanned in my final type style in Photoshop and the lines came out rather rough. I dragged the type into illustrator then used 'live trace' to smoothen the lines giving me this outcome below.

dragging it back into Photoshop and rasterising the smart object, I added purple stroke across the type.
 
using a large size eraser with an opacity of 30, I lightly went of the strokes, creating a gradient making it look a bit glosser a s a make up logo.
 
 
I played around with the alignment of the strokes finalising the image below
 
 

To make my logo look more apparent for its purpose, I decided to add a female silhouette head. using the eraser, I got rid of all the unwanted areas. I put the image behind the head making the opacity level 19
the final touch was adding in Arial font displaying 'freelance make up artist'
Picture reference:



http://media.merchantcircle.com/28295916/Mpi-Logo_full.jpeg [Accessed on 28th July 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment